Someone in the PDX NaNo group asked about our writing plans today, and it gave me a chance to sort of take stock of where I am with my novel at this point…
Finish the first draft of the NaNo novel by Feb. 1. I want to make this a fairly hard deadline and it may require November style efforts the last two weeks of January to make it possible.
Since I am going to have a lot of downtime on the writing front between now and then, I will probably begin revisions at that point, since I will have "been away" from the first chapters for about three months by then, giving me some space from those early words.
I am not sure if I am going to do an entire re-write or just edit the existing draft at that point, I will decide when I read it and have a chance to triage the thing. I will be doing a full rewrite eventually, but if it is holding together somewhat, I may just do heavy edits and then send it off to readers first.
I suppose I would like to be at that point, sending it off to readers, by some time in April if I am editing, or late May/early June if I am rewriting. Then, after I start getting some feedback, I'll go back to the drawing board and make further plans from there.
from tag NaNoWriMo
- Rubble: December is a cruel month
- Rubble: One Day On Earth: 12.12.12… So it begins
- Rubble: NaNoWriMo 2012: Won but not Done
- Rubble: NaNoWriMo: Halfway Point
- Rubble: Writers on Writing: Daily Routines
- Rubble: Writers on Writing: Writing the books I want to read
- Rubble: A photo & some thoughts on NaNoWriMo
- Rubble: 2012 NaNoWriMo: Word Counts & Goals
- Suburban Eschatology Part Two: NaNoWriMo…. So it begins
- Rubble: Random thoughts on Asimov’s I, Robot
- Rubble: James Cameron’s first film: Xenogenesis
- Rubble: Veterans' Day: Thank You.