Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Yes, it looks like I'm moving again...

Well, my blog, that is.  This will be the fourth move for this blog since 1999, and the second time it has lived on Blogger.

Now, that is not entirely true.  This blog started as Rubble, which is still alive and well, but it is no longer my personal blog, and all of those sorts of entries were moved (or were in the process of being moved, several years worth are still sitting un-published on my laptop) to Live Journal.

However, after some thought, I feel that it will make life easier for me to consolidate all of my blogs on Blogger.

Plus, it has better toys and doesn't want me to give them money.

Finally, one of the main reasons I wandered over to LJ was for the social networking functions on the site in the pre-Facebook era.  None of those people hang out there much any more.  Also, there were some privacy controls that I seemed to want at the time but, these days, I don't really give a crap about.  My life is too boring  to be scandalous (at least in those gossipy ways).

So.  I'll pretty this place up some in the next day or two.  I will probably, eventually, move the old entries over here, but I'll be leaving them up over there, as well.  Not totally wiping the slate clean like I did when I re-purposed Rubble.

Until next time then...

No comments:

Post a Comment